Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Disappointment

What makes a disappointment? One would think that a disappointment is the opposite of an appointment but here I quibble. (I am mighty fond of quibbling, whether I am the quibblee or the quibblor)
I can say that I was disappointed when I couldn't watch last nights episode of House because of a meeting I attended, but I will either catch it on the computer in a couple of days or it will come around in reruns, either way I am bound to see it eventually. No, that can't really be a disappointment.
I think that true disappointment has an element of sadness to it, loss and sometimes regret.
I am hardly ever disappointed in others. I am, on the other hand, frequently disappointed with myself.
Words that fly out of my mouth so fast that they don't have time to pass my brain. Things I want to do but procrastinate the heck out of them until they are pointless to do.
Trying to find the best way to handle a situation and only coming up with a mediocre solution.
Knowing better but not finding the strength to be doing better.
Holding onto something way longer than I should be and
then there is letting go too soon to something I should be finding the wherewithall to cling to.
Can't regret too much though.
It is what it is and
I did what I did and
it made what was to what is.
Now I am rambling and starting to make less sense even to myself.
It is a good thing that tomorrow is a new day without any mistakes in it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment