Tuesday, February 12, 2013

they are still miserable (said with a French accent)



I went to see Les Miserables with my Mom last week.
So many different adaptions are out there but I thought they did a really good job.
I think it is a great movie when you think that they should have just made the thing 
four hours long to properly tell even more of the story.

Some of the scenes were strikingly poignant. 
The prisoners pulling the ship in.
The factory workers.
Fantine singing and you could see the holes where her teeth were supposed to be.
Building the barricade.
Plucky Gavroche. 
Hearing the klunk of Javert's leap into the void.


One of my favourite parts was seeing Colm Wilkinson play the part of the Bishop.

This story is and always will be an amazing testimony of God's power to change a life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment