Wednesday, September 11, 2013

finally she found what she was looking for

For the last number of years I have been looking for a mailbox.
I was looking for a specific type of mailbox.
One similar to the dinosaur that had been receiving our mail since we had moved here.


I had taken the one that came with the house and painted it grey.
Now after all these years the paint has worn off and
the rust has just about eaten a hole through our receptacle of all things postal.

Finally in St Jacobs at the Home Hardware store. There it was.
Just what I was looking for.
I happily paid about 70 dollars to a cashier
who thought it a little strange that I was so happy to find my mailbox.

I got Martin to move the post a bit closer to the house.


I got a talented friend to put the lettering of our name upon the beast and ... voila.


My mailbox dreams came true.

2 comments: