Sunday, April 27, 2014

a lovely surprise

This past Thursday I had a young woman come to my door.
She asked me if I recognized her.
It took a bit but then I could tell that it was Savoy.
In my defence it had been years since I had seen her.
The last time was in December of 1999.

We met in March of 1998 when I was volunteering with the VON.
Savoy's sister was ill and my purpose was to help her mom
by taking Savoy for a couple of hours a week.

And now she has just finished her first year at Brock University.


I could not be more proud of the young woman she has become.
Well spoken and thoughtful, I was very glad that we were able to be part of her life for a time.

I found the pictures in the photo album that show how young she was.


You never know just who can come knocking
and just how much it can make your day splendiferous.

No comments:

Post a Comment