Saturday, June 25, 2016

gratitude week 20

Friend 2

Well, that then assumes that I have more than one friend,
doesn't it?

I suppose I will pick another long ago friend.

I met Anita Westerhof when I first started grade 9.
We were pretty much inseparable for a couple of years there.

She made the first years of high school
so much better than they would have been without her.
We shared a name and a love of laughter.
She was smarter than I was
and socially way cooler than I was.
But she was my friend anyways.

We hung out during school and all summer long.
We went to the CNE and the Beach Boys concert.

                                    next door locker mates








                                hanging out at school

                                          dress up day

We seemed to drift apart after I started dating Martin.
And over the years it appears that we seemed to have lost touch. Her facebook page doesn't seem current 
or else I would make a bit of an effort.
I think that it would be nice to get together 
one day to catch up 
but neither of us has pursued it yet. 

But maybe one day.

Until then, I will always remember,
with gratitude, our friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment