Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wickedly Amazing

Took two of my daughters to see Wicked in Toronto yesterday. What a great show. I knew little about the plot and music etc. but it was amazing. I have seen a few shows in my time : The Phantom of the Opera twice, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat twice, Les Miserables twice, The Lion King and Miss Saigon. My bucket list had a "see Colm Wilkinson play Jean Valjean" and that was done a number of years ago. One of my kids said that when she sees Broadway musicals she imagines herself up there. Because of my decidedly pitiful singing skills and even pitifullier dancing skills that has never been a thought of mine. I did, however, wish I could have been on stage with Carol Burnett doing one of those skits on her TV show. I knew I liked it when I could make people laugh when I got my brother to blow milk out of his nose at the dinner table. What joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment