Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Breakfast

Years ago some of my kids would listen to Christian music artists or bands.
Quite often I found myself enjoying the music as well.
     The W's, Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith,
     Jars of Clay, Amy Grant among others.
One of my favourite songs was by a group called the Newsboys. 
It was called Breakfast in Hell and spoke to the loss of a loved one.

Breakfast clubbers, drop the hankies. 
Though to some our friend was odd, 
That day he bought those pine pajamas 
His check was good with God.  
Those here without the Lord, How do you cope? 
For this morning we don't mourn Like those who have no hope  
Oh, rise up, Fruit Loop lovers - Sing out sweet & low 
With spoons held high We bid our brother, "Cheerio!"

I really like the quirky words to this song
and enjoy singing along with it in my own off-key but enthusiastic way.

When we experience the loss of a loved one
the hope that comes from faith is a wonderful comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment