Saturday, April 7, 2012

speaking about bucket lists

As mentioned the other day that I have a bucket list.
It is a bit fluid at the moment and I really should do some updating.

But one thing on it is possible, if somewhat unlikely to achieve.
At least if you hear my Mom tell of it.

You see, my mother does a wonderful impression of a female moose endeavouring to capture the attention of a male moose. This information was gained by watching a nature show ( a favourite pastime of my mom's )
The female moose does a sort of stomping with her hind feet which will send all sorts of mating vibes all over the wilderness to attract the bull of her dreams.

When my mother first saw the nature show she attempted to describe this activity to us. We played dumb and got her to show us how it was done.
Up stands my mother and a frenzied sort of dance ensued.
It really it quite the spectacle to see. 

Now for the item for my bucket list.
I would like to capture forever by a video recording my mothers moose dance.

She is on to my plot and will not co-operate.
Not for a family member and not for a stranger.
Not in the fellowship hall after church.
Not when people in Connecticut ask her if she will do it.
     Please, they said, we have only heard about it and
     would love to see such a thing.

I told her the other day that I will wait, if I have to, until she gets a little loopy in her old age and I will have the video camera ready. 




Dance Momma Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment