Saturday, January 24, 2015

walk blog 5

Well, I am now guilty of the sin of thievery. 
On one of my walks I noted 
that it was garbage and recycling day of the houses I was walking past. 
Now I have been rinsing and saving containers for the laundry soap 
that I have been making and giving away. 

There, as I walked, sat aperched upon a blue bin 
was a nice container very suitable for laundry soap as that was the original use for it. 

Many things come into play: 
how good of a container? 
cars on the road? 
anyone walking? 
is the recycling truck nearby? 
how far am I from home? 
will the homeowner chase me? 
Danger aside, I walk swiftly by and scoop up the container. 


No one is pursuing me and I am now a thief. 

As I continue on another container, 
originally for juice, sits waiting for my nimble fingers. 

As I walk by I scoop it up. I am a few steps away and I realise 
that there is no lid on my loot. 
Take it back? 
Put it in another blue box further down the street? 
I decide to keep it. 
I am sure to have a lid that would fit it at home. 
(What good is it being a hoarder if you don't have random sizes of lids just in case)
Because it is so cold out 
there is a little bit of water left in the bottom of the second container. 
The water had turned to a thin layer of ice which crumbles 
and as I walk and now the crunkled ice clumks about 
and noisily announces my thieving ways with every step.

I make my way home with my bounty, 
carrying it as if I hadn't stolen them at all.



I was happy to discover a lid appropriate for the second container.

Thus begins my life of crime.



No comments:

Post a Comment