Thursday, February 12, 2015

walk blog 6


So the crime spree continues


This was my loot from the second week that I went out scavanging.
Unfortunately one of the containers that I swiped did not have a lid on it.
This I did not notice until I was a number of houses down.
The conundrum : walk it back to it's blue box home?
put it into someone else's blue box?
keep it and hope that I have a lid to fit it?

I kept it and, no, I did not have a lid to fit it
so it sits in my basement 
waiting for the day 
when a matching lid will find its way to my V8 container.

I now go out on Wednesdays (garbage day for the area just north of us)
for my walk with large bags so as to carry away the booty.

Then we had a snowstorm on the next Monday and people were still mostly digging out 
so I did not venture out on that day to continue the thievery.

But I just had to go out yesterday, 
some of the sidewalks were still not cleared.

But this was my haul from this week


I really like the antifreeze jugs -
 a good size and 
a wide mouth and
a little bit see thru for easy filling.

A number of notes from an expert

Pick somewhere close by- but not too close
Might not be best to have to walk back 3 miles with your prizes
Nor night it be good to be seen rummaging through your next door neighbours trash.

Have large bags and learn to slide the containers in quickly and quietly.

Go out early - before the recycling truck comes by 
and you end up walking past empty blue boxes 
which mock your failure to procure your treasure.
Don't go out too early - you catch people still putting their recyclables out at the curb
or even leaving for work
 or walking to school.
Crowded streets make the task a little more awkward.

Persistence wins the day.








No comments:

Post a Comment