Tuesday, April 26, 2016

value? village

I do like shopping at Value Village.
Tidier than most thrift stores.
But I would rather support a more noble cause.
Most of the money raised goes to making some dude rich.
Some goes, of course, to charities but
I think that it is not as much as we think.

And the pricing is dubious at times.

I once bought a top at value village.
It was a nice top. black and shiny sparkly material.
Tried it on there. Fit good and I was going out that night.
So pleased that I had found something nice to wear.

Out later that evening, wearing the new (to me) top
I showed it off to my mother.
She said, "I used to have a top just like that but I donated it
because it had a little pulled thread on the left shoulder."
I looked down at my top.
And with not a little chagrin -
I pulled at the little thread that sat
a-perched my left shoulder.

Yes I had bought my own mothers top
from Value Village for $3.99 plus tax.

I am the Queen of Value Village.

1 comment:

  1. Yup!! Just as stated! I did like the top....but the little 'loose thread' bugged me.....LOL...LOL..

    ReplyDelete