Wednesday, April 13, 2016

walk blog 12

So I have been walking for well over a year now.
I am trying to walk on every street 
on the Hamilton Mountain. 
I am hoping that I will have 
completed that goal by September.

When I walk 
I try to go out on the recycling day 
of each particular neighbourhood. 
The reason is so that I can discreetly pilfer through
the recycling bins and find really good containers 
to be handed out a workshop that I host 
called 'The Soap Kitchen'.

I look for particular types of containers 
that will be suitable for handing out 
large amounts of the laundry soap 
that we make at the workshops.
Bigger containers - clear, wide mouth, sturdy plastic, good lid,
easy to clean and with a handle are the best ones.
But even smaller containers can be used 
for the sample sizes that I give to
Neighbour to Neighbour to hand out to their clients
with a tag on it to promote the next workshop.

Yesterday I was out on the West Mountain 
by Garth and the Linc 
and walking past a recycling bin 
I spotted this container.


One of my promotional samples was used and then
the empty container was put in the recycling bin.

This made my day.

To think that something I randomly gave 
made its way back to me 
seems fascinating.

I retrieved it and will be using it again.

Talk about being the 'queen of recycling'
I am at least a princess.

1 comment: