Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Books I have read in 2016 Part 2

 I was given this one a while ago. 
It was good.
Not always a fan of 'Christian Fiction' 
as it is often shmaltzy but this one was pretty good.
=======================

 I was given this one a long while ago.
I did not enjoy it.
It was based on a faith group 
that I did not feel was represented accurately. 
==========================

 Another PBS personality who I like to watch 
but like less to read.
Funny lady though.
=====================

 Another Oprah Book Club pick.
Liked this one.
I can tell because I can remember some of it.
===========================

 Wow. A great book.
Gripping and meaningful. Full of imagination.
The movie is coming out soon.
Might want to go see it.
====================================

 Another Cookson book.
=================================

 Another Oprah book club book.
Liked this one better than some 
but less than others.
=====================================
 Put me in a Christmasy frame of mind.
===============================

 Another book from Atheist Penn Jillette, of whom I am a fan.
I listen to his podcast. I really like his essays.
Certainly do not agree with everything he says 
but I have learned plenty about 
how to be a better Christian from him.
Maybe not the goal he started out with.
=============================

Mostly shmaltzy but there was one story I loved in here.
About pastors and too many cucumbers.
Loved that story which had some lines 
that I wished that I had written.
Most of the rest of the book was wayyy to corny for me.
============================

No comments:

Post a Comment