Wednesday, May 4, 2011

too long

Well procrastination had reared it's ugly head for most of the month of April in the writing department. I even decided not to go to an annual writers conference that I have wanted to go to for years now. Every year there was something that got in the way but this year it was only my lack of motivation. I wanted to go prepared and I think that it would not have been best to attend an event that I am not prepared for. So I waited until the early bird deadline passed and decided that I don't want to spend the extra $10. for missing the early registration day.

Why does life get in the way of creativity? I suppose the passion of creativity must be greater than the house that needs to be cleaned or the laundry that needs to be done. I have always thought there was no sense struggling to do something creative when there is plenty of practical things to be done. When the words just need to be written I am sure I will make the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment