Wednesday, May 18, 2011

wicked

I am slogging my way through the novel Wicked by Gregory Maguire.
I saw the musical Wicked in Toronto with two of my daughters and it was wonderful. I went without knowing much about the story except the Wizard of Oz movie background. I was pleasantly surprised.
So when out of town, wasting time (and so it would seem- money) at a mall, I thought I would buy the book that the musical was based on.
Now once I decide to read something I rarely give up on it.
It isn't my cup of tea. I am not a literary genius but it just feels too political. I am sure there is so much more in it than I thought but I didn't want to waste my brainpower looking for it. I just liked the musical so much better.
But I am nearing the end of the book and will finish it just to say that it was read.
I go on Youtube to listen to the songs and will pick up a CD one day.
I hear there is a movie coming out so hopefully it will be based on the musical and not the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment