Tuesday, December 4, 2012

sandy


When I was growing up we had a dog named Sandy.
 I don't remember if it was a male or female. But I will refer to it as a male.


It was a nice enough dog.
I believe he was a Husky Collie mix.
He was an outside dog who occasionally got loose and
ran through the countryside ditches and would come home reeking to high heaven.


Once there was anticipated bad weather on the way
and we decided to bring Sandy in for the night.
The best place for him to sleep was in the basement
and the dumb dog decided to not participate
in the going down into the aforementioned basement.


This is a picture of another dog doing what Sandy did.
But you have to picture my dad on this side of her
trying to fold her legs in and get her downstairs.

Ah the love of a dog...

2 comments:

  1. I think dad sent the dog to a farmer after we moved away - or at least that is what he told us. Maybe Mr Spitall just put him out of his misery....who knows....
    4.5 years at that place and the memories are still quite clear - i can remember more of than the next 8 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Sandy sitting at Dad's feet and licking his toes. And the orange cat snuggling up to Sandys fur. And Sandy's poop piles growing tomato plants.

    ReplyDelete