Sunday, November 15, 2015

gratitude week 6

The city you live in.

I live in Hamilton and it is a city.
Except for a brief spell in Caistor Center as a child
and in Hannon when we were first married
I have always lived in Hamlton.

And it is a city.

I had a chance to look at some European cities a couple of months ago.
The Europe that I saw was pretty clean and pleasant to be in.
Some of where we went was touristy but other places were not.
I felt most comfortable in the little town (maybe a village by our standards)
where my father was born and grew up.
I had a big tug and feeling of comfortableness
despite the fact that I do not speak the native language.
I did also like the village that my brother lives in.

But I have come to the conclusion that home has very little to do with
the geography of a place. It is the people.
Plain and simple.
My home is where my family is.

I suppose that I could imagine myself living in some of those other places but
I certainly am not longing to be any where but in Hamilton.

Hamilton is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment