Saturday, November 21, 2015

gratitude week 7

A friend 1

A long lost friend who is still lost.

One of my oldest friends was a girl named Dagmar.

 In front of her house in Caistor Center


We were in gradeschool together, must have been grade 4 to grade 6.

She had broken her leg and was allowed to stay in at recess with a friend.
I hated recess and was very happy that she often selected me to stay in for recess with her
(I think to play with Barbies)

We maintained a friendship even after I moved.
I don't remember her being at my place but I do remember going there.

I remember being on the boat. 
Her sister Astrid was likely a couple of years younger.

Her parents were Doris and Arnold. Both have since passed away.
I remember her mother's cooking. She showed us how to make scrambled eggs.

This was a New Years Eve picture from 1976


We lost touch and I have tried using the internet to find her.
But women's last names often change.
I thought I remember that she worked in the tourism industry.

Wish I could thank her now for being my friend then.

No comments:

Post a Comment