Monday, January 4, 2016

Books I have Read in 2015 Part 2

 Fun read that sometimes made me feel smart
 and other times made me feel dumber than a bag of rocks

 I am a big fan of Penn Jillette.
He is an atheist that I have learned much from and, 
perhaps it would be to his chagrin, 
but he has made me a better Christian.
I think that Christians would do well to listen to atheists.
We have much to learn and a long way to go.

This book was on my list for years and years. 
Finally read it and it was good. 
Made lots of notes in my copy.
They studied it at the Women's Bible Study at church and 
it would have been worth it to attend.

 Lucado is always a good read. 
Another one for the Discipleship Resource Center.

 Read one of her books and might feel like 
if you read one of them you have read them all.
Mostly the same sort of stuff.
But it is good stuff. Encouraging for the most part.

Oprah Book Club pick. 
An easy read about a difficult story. 
True story which was quite fascinating.
Made me think about what I would do 
had I been given difficult circumstances as well.


 This self published young author knows my brother.
I had a look at the pre-published manuscript. 
It made me realize that when reading 
I can tell when something is not quite right - editing wise.
But I don't always know what it is.
The sentence may be too long or there was a grammatical error.
But that did not interfere at all with the story.
Written for a younger audience but it still kept my interest.
I thought this first time author did a pretty good job.

 Another Oprah book club pick. 
Took a lot of words to tell a small story.
Did like it but thought it was a touch too predictable.

 Another Discipleship Resource Center selection.
One that I probably enjoyed reading but I cannot,
 for the life of me, remember a thing about it.

 Another Discipleship Resource Center selection.
I can't remember much about this one either.
But I think that I made notes on it.

I liked Rick Warren's spin on the Christmas story.
He takes the gospel and presents it in a simple but meaningful way.
Again, I made notes but I can imagine that I might even refer to them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment