Sunday, August 14, 2011

diaper cakes



Years ago I heard Whoopi Goldberg talk on The View about giving a diaper cake as a shower gift. I think I saw a sample and then decided to create my own.
I found forms and ribbons and diapers and then figured how best to put them all together.

The first one I made was for our Youth Pastor and his wife. The shower was  decorated with an American/Canadian theme for Heather and Mark's home countries.


I found the whole process quite complicated to replicate every time I wanted to  bring a diaper cake to a shower - so now I just buy a package of diapers to give as a gift and keep the main cake. I decorate it as I see fit.


Here are the diaper cakes that I made for Anne's shower. To these ones I added white silk flowers and the toppers were two yellow duckie piggy banks with a stuffed animal to keep the duckies company on the top of the cake. Duckies can be afraid of heights so the company was welcome.

There are two cakes because she is expecting two babies - twins.
We are very excited and looking forward to meeting the little ones.




No comments:

Post a Comment