Monday, August 15, 2011

Organ Central

For our mini vacation this summer we went to Hanover Michigan (small village south of Jackson). This past winter Martin found an organ museum (on the Internet) with piles of pump organs that you were allowed to play. So off we went.


Lots to look at and Martin sat and played at a couple of them.
Many of them were really old but it was fun to watch him play.
I didn't even need to get the book out that I had brought along.

There was a historical school museum in the attached building
that was interesting to walk through.



It was called a mini vacation because I didn't unpack. I have only had one vacation where I unpacked. When you stay for one or two nights it doesn't seem worth the effort of unpacking everything only to put it in again so soon. The exception was when I was on the cruise with my mom - I unpacked clothes into drawers and hung up outfits. It made sense because I was there for more than two days.

The map for Michigan we bought was not very good and I was thankful for the compass on the new car because we would not have been able to tell what direction we were going in if not for the letters NES or W plunked above the steering wheel.

We ate at a place called Cascade Park that was quite lovely.
I even found a friend there.


Since Martin doesn't like travelling the same road twice we wandered and meandered our way through the hiways and the biways. We passed the BunkerHill International Airport with a piddly little landing strip that looked like it was mowed a couple of times a year. We saw lots of tree covered lanes and a couple of roads took us in all four directions before we went on the next road which, of course, was no where on our map.

We found an antique in one of the places we stopped at.
It was strange to see a shaving mug for sale
that was just like the one we bought on our honeymoon over 30 years ago.


He was nice enough to stop at a couple of used book stores so I could hunt for some Airmonts. I actually found three of them so I was happy.

I always enjoy any time that I get to spend with my wonderful husband and we seem to still enjoy each other's company after all these years whether it is at home or wandering and meandering across the country.
Looking forward to going back someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment