Sunday, June 23, 2013

rocks


We have Alexander and Isabel sleeping over for the past week.
Tonight I was getting them ready for bed and could tell that 
Alexander was trying to sneak something to bed with him. 
The contraband item he was trying so hard to hide from me was a rock.
Just a smooth rock from the driveway. 
But that is what he wanted to take to bed with him.

Not such an odd choice considering that rocks tend to run in the family.

When Danielle and Timothy were married last fall 
her mom, Arlene, had made a work of art on a stone for every guest. 


The ones she made with our names sit proudly in our dining room and 
I will include a picture sometime in the next week or so. 


The picture above is another clever idea for a smooth rock.
Trouble is that I rarely look out on the gravel section of our driveway and think...
My canvass awaits....
But it just might.

No comments:

Post a Comment