Tuesday, June 18, 2013

since we are back in the loo


When I did a little bit of travelling a number of years back 
I was surprised by the many varied ways 
in which countries designed their toilets.
The bowl was configured in many different ways -
lots of water
hardly any water
a shelf upon which your deposit sits in full view.

Strangest of all was the different ways with which to flush
the handles were located in different places 
some not attached to the toilet itself.

It easy to confuse me in the best of times but some toilets left me a'puzzled.

Found these pictures on the web 
of thrones similar to the ones 
upon which I sat
(as I did not spend much time taking pictures of the toilets)

pull cords

 buttons

 of various sorts

 I can only imagine how long I would have to stare at this one to figure it out.

 I don't know that I want to visit the country that feels that this sign is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment