Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summer


With thoughts of summer I am often asked if we are going anywhere on holidays
my answer is usually - no 
Except for the Hotchkiss Family Reunion every other summer 
or an invite up to the Boven cottage
or a trip to the organ museum in Michigan
we usually stay pretty close to home.

It is Martin's busy time at work but we are at a stage in life that 
taking a week off in the middle of a busy time is sometimes necessary 
and always welcome.
As of now we have no plans.

We still might go somewhere at one point 
but half of the fun of plans is the anticipation.

While I have yet to see the Rocky Mountains and the Grand Canyon and the shores of Newfoundland.
I am also quite content with trees and rocks and waterfalls 
- all of which I can manage to find rather close to home.
The term staycation is a relatively new one 
but it is one that I will be participating in over this summer.
I need to remember to take the time to step out from the busyness and 
see God's creation that is as close as my own backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment