Saturday, July 20, 2013

off the wall part 13

This is another CCS bazaar find.
I believe we got it in the auction.

It was made by Bill Prinzen who goes to our church.
He is a most skilled wood craftsman. 
And I am happy to own anything  he has created.

It hangs in near our back entrance and 
used to hold coats and jackets that 
do not make it all the way to their hangers.
Since our main entrance is not located by this door 
anymore, the coat rack gets less use.
Still, the occasional hat or flyswatter will dangle from the wooden pegs.

One winter day a goodly number of years ago it held Laura's scarf 
and when she picked up the scarf 
she noticed it was heavier than before. 
After examining it closely she discovered a bat clinging to the wool. 
Quite a shock for a cold winter morning.

The white object on the shelf is a mitten drying rack. 
It is presently July and extremely hot but I left it there - what - just in case?

I also once found perched on the shelf 
a used punch cup from our last party.
Problem is that the last party when I served punch
 had been 2 months earlier.
Maybe I should try cleaning a little more often.



No comments:

Post a Comment