Thursday, July 25, 2013

off the wall part 18


A poster selected years ago. It is by Monet
and the title is the pond at montgeron 1876.
It, in large part, started my love of art and my appreciation for Monet's work.

I like it because it reminded me of the forest behind our house in Caistor Center.
It hangs in our family room and spent a brief repast hanging elsewhere 
because of the mocking that was heaped upon it.
The mocking was in large part to a non-credible interpretation of the figure to the right.
It was returned to it's rightful place when I decided that, 
mocking aside, 
we best live life when we display what we truly are.
Interpretations will have to be left up to the individual.

The framing cost multitudes more than the art.
And it seems to have faded over the years as the jpeg below attests to.



No comments:

Post a Comment