Wednesday, July 24, 2013

off the wall part 17


Made by one of my children in woodworking class in high school.
I think it was Karen.

Don't think it keeps time too well
 but then again it just may be a battery that it needs.
The face also doesn't sit straight.

Still it hangs in the office over Martin's desk.

===============================================

Below is the Jesus clock that graced our walls for a month or two.


I received this clock years ago 
as a reward for turning in a lost wallet to a variety store owner from Brantford.

I was in the nursery during the evening service and 
during the Korean service earlier someone left their wallet with 300 in cash in it.

I had a hard time locating the owner
 as the names and phone numbers in the wallet were all in Korean.
I finally tracked them down through a hospital blue card
and we drove out to their variety store.

She wanted to reward me with something from the store but I declined.
I saw the clock on the wall and was looking at it 
with well concealed horror which she must have mistook for appreciation
and she removed it from the wall and handed it to me.

It came into our house with a story 
but even the story was not good enough to keep it on our wall.
It was donated somewhere 
where I hope it now graces the wall of someone who does appreciate it.












No comments:

Post a Comment