Saturday, October 26, 2013

flowers of summer and a s'room or two

Now that we are firmly stationed in the autumn months...
(yes the air conditioner is out of the upstairs window)
(there are copious amounts of leaves falling from the trees)
(I am now leaving a sweater on every level of the house so I can find one easily when I am chilly)
...I will search some pictures for some of the flowers of summer that were found here at home.

 the rose of sharon that we got from my dad last year - 
we didn't expect it to be blooming this year but there she is

a mess of these are growing in the dirt pile at the front of the house
I have no idea what they are but I like them

there are more weeds in the back yard than blades of grass
our sod that we planted a couple of years back died a gruesome death over one winter
and that is after we watered the heck out of it

 this fall we had a number of kinds of mushrooms growing in the backyard

 too bad we couldn't eat them
just were not willing to chance it

2 comments:

  1. Now I realize that I should have entitled it - blooms and 'shrooms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I realize that I should have entitled it - blooms and 'shrooms

    ReplyDelete