Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Neighbours



Now here is a couple I didn't know until many years later. 
Marguerite and Milan Lymberner were our neighbours from Caistor Center. 
We lived there when I was near the end of grade 2 until I was finished grade 6. 
Their daughter Robin was a year younger than me and a year older than Jeff. 


The picture above is how I best remember them. 
I never really did know Milan at all. 
I do remember helping them once with the haying - 
although I am very sure I was very little help at all.
I also remember him driving Robin, Jeff and I out trick or treating in his pickup truck.

But Mrs. Lymberner was my sort-of surrogate grandmother 
as I didn't have grandparents who lived close by. 
She was a very capable housewife and I remember her driving the family car 
back when not that many women knew how to drive. 
She was active in the community and knew just about everybody.
I remember that for Halloween she would prepare popcorn balls to hand out.
Boy they were good - and a real treat for us.


Milan has since passed on but Marguerite is over 90 years old and lives in Stoney Creek 
where she gets nursing care at Heritage Green. 
I am sure that that place is a better one because she lives there.
My Mom and Dad drop in to visit her from time to time.
I have visited her a number of times and 
I really should make the time to go more often 
because each time I am there I feel that I am in the presence 
of a marvellous woman who has wisdom and kindness wrapped up into one person.
I think of her often and when I do, I smile.

1 comment:

  1. That is so nice Anita.....I teared all up....THANKS for the post!!

    ReplyDelete