Monday, October 14, 2013

thanksgiving

In honour of Thanksgiving Day - being celebrated on this day in the great land of Canada.

So today I write on one of the rather odd things I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my basement carpet.
It is really an assembalage of a number of carpets but it covers most of the lopsided concrete on our lowermost floor.
It makes the space very nice for settling up the wooden Thomas the Train track for when the grandkids are over for a visit.
I am also thankful that the gabillion legged centipede that I squarshed under a shoe is still squarshed and will remain there until I am pretty sure he has disintegrated to dust.
I will then suck him up with my handy dandy vacuum and send him flying through  tube-like vacuum pipes into the sturdy metal receptacle until I remember to dump that out.
He will then make his way to the garbage bag, which like the others, is so marvelously taken away on Thurday mornings. From there I know not where he goes and that is fine with me.

I do not have photographic or video evidence of the magnitude of the beast but you will have to trust me on that. I found a picture of his brother (actually cousin once removed) so you can understand the scope of my bravery.

I am thankful for my basement.
I am thankful for the carpet.
I am thankful for the shoe.
I am thankful that the gabillion legged beast underneath the shoe is dead
- and that he will stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment