Sunday, August 2, 2015

gratitude week 3

Family

Have been putting this one off because I don't know that I will do the topic 'family' justice.
In fact, I know that I won't.

A simple little word.

Family is that group of people that I have come from.
The Elevelds and the Baileys.
A group of pretty fine people and some odd ducks
( I count myself among the oddest of the odd ducks )
And when it comes to the extended family I feel so very close to some of them
and some of them I do not believe I have ever met.

And Family includes another group.
One that I have married into.
One that has welcomed me and included me with love.
One with whom I have taken the last name given to me at my birth,
and after marrying Martin, have forever changed it to theirs  - Joldersma.

And another part of family,
perhaps the best of all,
is the family that I helped make with Martin.
It started with our four daughters and two sons.
Now others join us, spouses of our children,
children of our children.
Others have joined us, some just for a time.
But all, I feel, have made my life better.


No comments:

Post a Comment