Monday, August 31, 2015

walk blog 10

The last posting was of my walk last Friday where I met Mom while walking.
Another interesting thing happened on that walk.

I had been heading home with my loot which consisted of two bright orange Talize bags
that had been recruited for duty and had been filled quite abundantly
with potential laundry soap containers that had been deftly pilfered
from the recycling bins set out for Friday collection in Hamilton, Ontario.

I was walking back home, listening to a podcast, when I could hear in the background someone yelling.
"Hey, you, hey"
"Hey lady"
"Hey, you lady"

There hadn't been anyone else on the street other than a kid who was playing outside.
I am guessing about 8 years old or so.
 Could have been older but also could have been younger.
I am assuming that the kid belonged to the voice that was calling out.

I did not turn around to pay attention to the voice.
Did not really know that the kid was talking to me.
So I kept walking.

Then I heard the voice say something that made me think it had been talking to me.
It turns out that voice had wanted to ask me a question.
A question that I didn't know exactly how to answer.
"Hey, lady, are you poor?"

I think that the kid was thinking he could meet his first 'bag lady'.
But some questions in this life just do not get answered.

Sorry kid.


1 comment:

  1. Handled perfectly......nothing you could say without telling a long story.....that he would not understand.......neat!

    ReplyDelete