Thursday, August 27, 2015

gratitude week 4

A family member.

It was harder than I thought to start this one.
Who to choose?
My family is consists of many people.
Who gets the honour? or who would prefer not to be written about?

Since not a whole lot of people read this
I figure that I am risking little in communicating my gratitude for ...
my mother.

Carol Mabel Joyce Eleveld (nee Bailey)

I have known my mother all of my life....
But not all of hers.

I certainly can't write here all that I can. That would probably take a book.
And as for pictures there are a ton of them.





It is really hard to think of my mother without thinking of her role as a wife to my father.
Lots can be said about marriage and theirs is not a perfect one.
But it is one that has many aspects that I wish to emulate.
Suffice to say : they each make the other a better person.

She has a great sense of integrity
(I don't know that it has ever been questioned - by anyone I know - ever)

She has a wonderful sense of humour.

She is tenacious.

She is kind and loving.

Her faith is evident.

She works hard and gives everything she does her best.

She always has been my best cheerleader.

I could go on for pages but I feel her blushing already (and maybe crying)


I love you Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes.....blubbering like a baby!! I couldn't be more blessed with having you for a daughter....I am so very proud of you.... My children have taught me so much.....certainly more than I had learned in the first 20 years of my life.... I love you and yours so very much....

    ReplyDelete