Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I forgot the mint

Our daughter Karen was taking a food's class in highschool. Back in the day we used to take a class called home ec but times have changed. She had an exam of sorts - her mid term presentation. She was to prepare some of it at home and the rest at school. I gave her money to go across the road to buy the ingredients. Off she went and then was back to work on her chutney.
The next morning she left for school with her presentation well in hand, or so she thought.
After she had left for school, I found a bulk bin bag of peppermints on the kitchen counter. The little stinker had bought candy with the money I had given her for her presentation.
When she got home I asked her how her chutney went.
"Oh, pretty good," she told me, "but I forgot the mint."
"What mint?" I inquired.
"The mint for on top of the chutney," was her answer.
It seems that the recipe had called for crushed mint. She had bought peppermints and was going to smash them and sprinkle them upon the said chutney.
Lucky she forgot them eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment