Sunday, November 14, 2010

Take me with you

It finally happened. A little slice of life has came around full circle.

When my kids were little, my mother would come over to babysit. When she left they would howl at the door. "Please don't go, grandma. Please take me with you"
Their eyes that were pooling with tears added, "please don't leave me here with her." Grandma was fun and Mom was bossy.

Yesterday my grandson slept over. He loves it at grandma's but would sometimes, with a quivering lip, ask for mommy.
But yesterday when his mom said that it was time to go he pitched a mini fit. No, he did not want to go. He wanted to stay at grandma's.

Grandma lets him take all of the pop cans out of the closet so he can line them up on the coffee table and move them to the bench and then back to the coffee table and then back to the bench. Grandma has lots of stuff to play with. Grandma has pencils lying about the place so that he can practise his circle making. Grandma has toys and Grandma sings when he cries. (and for those who know me - this is somewhat of a miracle - that my singing is something that anyone enjoys)

The howling commenced and Grandma smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment