Saturday, November 27, 2010

Puzzle me this.

So it has been a week since I wrote here. And why is that? Am I revelling in my grocery cart triumph at last week's CCS bazaar? Did I start my Christmas preparations early? Have I been baking? Cleaning?
No, but I probably did spend too much time on that crazy jigsaw puzzle. I was getting near the end and just had to finish it. Plenty of stuff didn't get done around the house. I had started back in September. It's a Ravensburger and 1500 pieces of babies faces. Frustration and joy.
Relegated to the basement storage room with it's florescent lighting, I sit among the things I should be sorting through, or storing properly or throwing out. I puzzled my way through 1496 pieces. There are four pieces missing although they may turn up yet.
One of the hardest ones I ever did was a puzzle of brown beans. Just brown beans. Another was only silver, no other colour, no shading, just shapes. The double sided ones a killers. I think I once did a 4000 piece one. I had to do it in two sections
Why do I love jigsaws? I think it is because the plentiful ideas in my mind stop rattling about in an already crowded place and stop to look for the piece with the bit of blue there in the outie part. Or where is the piece with an eye in the top corner?
So there it is. Another puzzle done. On to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment