Tuesday, May 8, 2012

happy birthday jeff


Today is my brothers birthday. Since I am 50, he must be turning 49.

One of my favourite surprises that I was ever able to pull off was the time that I arranged that Jeff meet his celebrity crush Mag Ruffman.

A number of years ago I was able to contact her before an appearance at a Home Show in Hamilton and ask her if she was willing to meet Jeff. She said yes and the plot was afoot.

I concocted a story which had Martin having a booth at the Home Show and me having to bring down concrete colour samples down to him. I asked if Jeff would bring his camera to get some video and pictures so that we could perhaps use it in advertising. Off we went to the Convention Center.

When we got there I explained to Jeff that Mag was doing a presentation and then it was arranged that we were to go to meet her. The 'concrete colour samples' that I had been lugging around was actually a dozen roses that Jeff was to present to Mag.

She gave a very good presentation with a very happy guy sitting in the front row with a big smile on his face.




We met her and
Mag was such a good sport.

She made such
a fuss over him.





I don't know
if he ever washed
the lipstick off.






We actually met her again a number of years later
and I took some video of the occasion.
There is 6 glorious seconds of youtube video
showing Jeff talking to Mag.

Great memories.




1 comment:

  1. I hope Jeff get to see this....so sweet. That was such a good time with Mag Ruffman.

    ReplyDelete