Friday, May 11, 2012

things are going swimmingly

I don't think I will ever be doing anything even remotely close to this.

I am not a good swimmer. I manage to keep afloat to a certain degree but do not have any appreciable swimming strokes.
I don't like to get water in my eyes and so have never opened them underwater.
I do not like getting water in my ears because when I do, it drains out over the rest of the week.
I do not like getting water in my nose. It goes straight up into my sinus cavities and there percolate and makes my brain hurt.

I think that much of this yuckiness about the water stems from the fact that, when I was a toddler, I am told I almost drowned. I had been on my father's shoulders and we both went under and when Dad came up I was nowhere to be found. After some frantic searching I was pulled up but apparently I did spend quite time under the water.

I wonder if that is the reason I am not so comfortable around water?

No comments:

Post a Comment