Tuesday, May 8, 2012

more trees


I do like trees. 
Especially sturdy ones with very low branches that I can climb up on. 
Trees with leaves and trees with blossoms. 
Trees that have nests - the bird kind and the squirrel kind. 
Trees that loose their leaves and trees that are evergreen. 
Trees that have moss on them. 
Rough bark and smooth bark. 
Ones with tire swings.
I especially like ones that keep company with each other in a forest 
where the leaves of several years are slowly turning themselves 
into dirt beneath a canopy of green. 

One of my favourite trees is in my backyard. It is a maple and it allows us shade on a sunny day. It was hit hard by the ice one year and never fully recovered. One year it had very large leaves and I took one and was going to press it between the pages of a book. It was such a large leaf that we did not own a book large enough that part of it wasn't poking out.
Yeah for trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment